FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:00 pm
themice

Originally Posted by berto714
You have to be trolling to be this persistent, right?

People go to resorts for a myriad of reasons - food is only one of the things that resorts have to offer. Why is someone obligated to try ANY of the food at a resort, let alone all of it? Maybe food is just not a priority for them? Or maybe they aren't a breakfast person?

Or maybe they realize that food at hotels, and resorts in particular, is generally mediocre and less varied than similarly priced food you can find off-resort. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule, but most times I eat at a resort I wind up regretting it. Unless it's the rare time that that resort really does have one of the best restaurants in the area, or offers some kind of unique experience that I can't get elsewhere nearby, I don't feel compelled to eat there.
We enjoy good food but we are not "foodies." Food isn't the main focus of our vacations, but we do like to have nice restaurant meals. And I would tend to agree that most hotel/resort restaurants we have dined in have been average for the most part. Usually when we dine on property it is more a matter of convenience, late hour, or the like.