FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Denial and Recourse
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:17 pm
emrdoc

Originally Posted by notagin
I don't have chip on my shoulder, you're the one who asked for particulars and I gave them. Personally, I don't think it's very "just" to hold someone in "contempt" for a mistake made, in some cases years before.

In my case, I did answer "honestly" with the knowledge I had at the time. We forgive felons in this country if they "served their time" and hold it discrimination if that crime is held against them for employment, housing, etc. I note on this forum that people who have been arrested or had other scrapes with the law eventually can get the GE but people such as myself will be on a National database for the rest of our lives?

Something seems very wrong with that. I have written this not only for myself but any others who are in the same sad situation. I'm a supporter of the CBP. I think they have a very important/ difficult job. Maybe if some common sense was used in these cases, their job may become a bit easier.
A lawyer can chime in with an expert opinion, but I don't think that is a true statement. Felons also lose some of their civil rights as well and must apply to have those restored. I would imagine most felons do not feel they have been forgiven.