Old Nov 14, 14, 10:20 pm
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: Last 1K flight 1/21/11; fun while it lasted, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 &
Originally Posted by bjornedstrom View Post
Hello.

On Thursday 18 December I have a StarPeru flight that is planned to land in LIM at 2 PM, flying from Pucallpa.

I would ideally like to get to Cuzco the same day. What are the risks of delays/cancellations and other troubles if I were to book the last LAN flight (I think that was 5:40 PM)?

The main worries would be if the StarPeru flight is severly delayed or cancelled, or if the Cuzco flight is cancelled.

Anyone have a feeling of what this risk would be? Likely? very likely? Not very likely?... I have never been in Peru before so I'm not familiar with how common problems are.

How expensive is it typically to buy LAN tickets at the airport, for the same day? I can't decide if I should do that or book in advance (depends on the risk I guess)

Thanks
Can't speak to the issues regarding reliability, but I noticed that, for the LIM-CUS tickets I've been looking at, exchange privileges are pretty liberal. Some of that may be because us foreigners aren't even allowed to buy the cheap tickets; they're reserved specifically for residents.