FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France/KLM code share flights but with ZERO miles! Beware!
Old Nov 14, 2014, 11:59 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ACDenman
I just wanted to alert others to a very misleading practice of AirFrance-KLM.

I recently bought return business class tickets between Amsterdam and Abu Dhabi. The flight numbers were KL 3948 and KL 3949. After trying to claim the missing miles, I have been informed that even though it was a code share (obviously), the flights do not qualify for any miles at all, because the airline KLM used for the flight (Etihad) was not an official partner! In other words, be aware that AF-KLM partners with other airlines and share revenue, but decide to give NOTHING to its loyal customers that get caught in this misleading practice.

Just a warning!

Cheers,

Adam
I'm a bit unclear as to what you are mentioning here:

1) If you booked the flights under the KL code (even operated by EY), you will get Flying Blue miles. If they told you that you should not they are making a mistake and you should call again;

2) If you booked the flights but under the EY code, then of course, you will not earn any miles (even if operated by KL) as indeed, EY-coded flights cannot earn FB miles;

3) If you booked KL-coded flights operated by EY and are trying to accrue on another Skyteam FFP, then you will not earn miles because the rule is the same as with any other alliance that I know about, ie to accrue, flights must be both coded and operated by alliance partners.

Can you clarify which your case was?