FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Different Mailing Address vs. Residence Address: Applications
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:09 am
SammySpade

Originally Posted by faithwins
Hi All-

We recently moved states permanently, but for the next few months or so will be living temporarily on a work assignment for a few months in a different location.

When it comes to credit card applications, is it possible to separate my current mailing address for the address I have to input when I apply for the card?

Recently took advantage of the 70k ink offer, and had to call them up after the application, cancel the card they sent and re-send it to new address.

Didn't know if there was an easier process for this ... Don't have anyone who can forward mail from permanent address.

Best,

fw
If its a biz card like Ink, there will typically be a separate physical address and mailing address so that would solve your problem. Some personal card apps also have a place for both address, like the BOA Alaska cards.

Applying for cards with a new/different permanent address though sometimes causes problems or requests for proof of address. So I just always use my permanent address then call in a get a replacement card sent to my current temp address. Maybe that makes it more complicated than it needs to be but it at least works.