FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation Guidelines Update
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:35 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

I understand your concerns about issues that are out of your control when traveling. These situations will be handled on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the property where the reservation has been made.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Erin
Sorry Erin but this is all nonsense to me.

Till now most properties when you called within a reasonable time after the CX period the hotel usually had no problems letting us off the hook, especially when we are willing to give them the flight info that they themselves can check and see its been CXed or delayed . Now it wont be say an hour or 2 after the CX hour but closer to 20hrs = less likely to hear anything but Im so sorry theres nothing I/we can do since its way over the CX deadline.

Hilton made its bed and if it doesnt reverse things it will have to slept in it.

Bottom line for me as others up thread have said either I will do a PL res for my 1st night (or more) and save the $$ that way if I end up as a no-show it will cost alot less then making the res thru the website. Since benefits are next to nothing nowadays especially with the joke being called being Upgraded same exact room just on a higher floor and with more and more chains giving Everyone staying free WiFi, the only thing that makes sense is to PL my hotels.Hilton & Marriott have proven just as Delta and UnUnited that they expect Loyalty to be 1 sided from the consumer to them but not vice versa

Last edited by craz; Nov 11, 2014 at 8:47 pm