FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gidleigh Park , Devon UK
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:44 pm
Jetboy

Programs: Lots of different coloured cards
Gidleigh Park , Devon UK

Introduction Full pictures as always at&nbsp;<a href="http://www.getsetjet.com/" target="_blank">www.getsetjet.com</a>.. Definitely my favourite out of Lucknam, Chewton, Whatley and Four Seasons Hampshire... undecided of Coworth as it in my eyes doesn't really qualify a true english country side hotel...<br><br>Nestled in the beautiful Dartmoor Natural Park, Gidleigh Park emerges through a winding road revealing itself in its full Arts and Crafts style. Originally built-in 1928 for an Australian shipping magnate, it was finally transformed to a hotel in 1977, undergoing full renovations in 2006, introducing more contemporary aspects, yet maintaining the essence of the original house, including the 1920's handcrafted grand staircase. Location The hotel features 24 rooms of various amenities and sizes. I was lucky enough to stay at the Spa suite, featuring its private sauna and steam room as well a double bathtub with is a the centrepiece of the private Spa area. A balcony overlooking the gardens and river is equipped with various seating areas and sunloungers to soak up the fresh Dartmoor air and to enjoy the natural beauty surrounding the hotel.<br><br>Several walks from beginners to advances are available throughout the moors and maps are provided by the well-trained hotel staff. Dining The hotel also host a Michael Caines MBE restaurant , with two Michelin stars to its name offering the very best of classic french cooking using fresh seasonal produce. Perhaps too formal for some, but perfect for a special occasion or anyone with a deep understanding of the complexities of producing a menu with such technique and finesse. Overall Gidleighl also offers dog friendly rooms as well as other off site activities as fly fishing and a onsite croquet lawn. A 18 hole golf course is also available.<br><br>I arrived to Gidleigh Park from Endsleigh House and the two could not have been worlds apart, combine the location of Endsleigh with the services and restaurant of Gidleight Park, and for a perfect English country house hotel would be born. I could not fault the service in Gidleigh&nbsp;<br>in any way, everything was delivered with style and every member of staff were gracious and nothing too much trouble. My only regret was that I was not able to stay longer, to truly appreciate the natural beauty of the location and the delectable food.<br><br>Any questions please don't hesitate to ask...