Old Nov 11, 14, 12:18 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Question Promo: 500 bonus Starpoints for updating your stay preferences profile, 15 Oct-15 Dec

I received an email from SPG last night, with the subject "Stay More Nights, Earn More Starpoints".

The email states:

"You’re registered for the SPG® More For You global promotion. Book your stay now and earn triple Starpoints® on eligible stays that include a Friday or Saturday night (Thursday or Friday night in the Middle East).

Plus, remember to add your stay preferences on your spg.com profile to earn 500 bonus Starpoints from 15 October until 15 December 2014. Update now."
[Bolding my own]

From the bold text, do you also infer we should be earning 500 bonus points for stays in that period (I'm not sure if it would be a one-off, or per stay), once we've updated our Platinum preferences? If so, I've stayed a few times already, and don't see any bonus points appearing yet. It's also the first I've heard of any such bonus, unless I'm confusing it with some other bonus promo?!

Confused!