FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation Guidelines Update
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:14 pm
ILovetheReds

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Thanks for the heads up.

That's an unfortunate decision, though, since in the event of potential misconnects and other airline-related problems, it was nice to be able to do a backup reservation at a hotel that had a 6pm same-day cancellation.

I hope management might consider an exception for Diamond folks, anyway.
+1. In the past if I had a flight have an irops situation I would simply call the property or diamond desk and they would cancel the reservation with no penalty or allow me to arrive a day late with no penalty (sometimes I had to provide the flight number but that was fine). Is Hilton going to continue to allow this diamond unwritten benefit?

If a flight cancels it is out of our control and if it's due to weather in the city the property is in, chances are the hotel could also use the room for people stranded in that city so it was a win/win situation. If I am going to be charged for the room and my flight cancels due to bad weather I'm certainly not going to call Hilton to cancel so they can sell it and collect twice.

Very bad move on Hilton's part. Or at least exempt Diamond's fro mthis change.