FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation Guidelines Update
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:44 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by bigbuy
Since me and my girlfriend mostly fly on a standby basis, I will no longer consider Hilton on the first night of my intended arrival. Both me and my girlfriend are former Diamonds, now Gold, so I will inform her (she loves Hilton) also. It's too bad, as Hilton is our preferred chain.
I have found lately that www.booking.com generally has the most lenient cancellaton policies.
Although I dont fly on a SBY basis, last year many 1st nights had to be CXed , since I wasnt able to reach my destination due to flights being CXed or missed due to the snow. All this mean sto me is not booking with Hilton ever again for my 1st nights stay or any time Im not 100% positive that my plans wont be changing. This is especially true for Intl reses, where by the time you find out your flight has been CXed its already passed 11:59pm where you were heading to

Just another DUMB Greedy move on Hiltons part

Sorry but I dont believe a single word of the Spin Doc (HHRep) its simply just anyway Hilton has thought up of adding to its bottom line. Time to move on from Hilton and never look back, seeing 135,298,298,298 pts per night for an award stay wont be missed. Ever since they took away the Diamond force and then teh fixed amount of miles Ive been staying with Marriott where Im about to cross into LTP status.Not that MR hasnt had its share of negations but no where IMO as Hilton has done