FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Delta.com best site for ALL Delta fares/flights?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:30 pm
Flyertall

Programs: DL FO, DL Reserve, AMEX Plat, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
This isn't possible. MAC Addresses aren't visible beyond the local subnet.

Thanks for that. I cannot be relied upon to accurately convey any technical aspects of HOW websites are managing to track the hardware people use online... I can only convey what I've noticed on Delta's website. When I use two different machines... one to search, and a separate machine to book... the fares on the machine I've used to search for the flights will tick up, and the fares on the machine I've used to quickly book the flights do not change.

I read some article about MAC addresses, and thought that could be related to this ability to be tracked, regardless of IP address, but will freely admit I know nothing of the HOW, only the end result that I have observed, for whatever reason that it occurs.

The main point of this thread is to learn more efficient ways to get a handle on ALL the available flights that Delta has to offer, with flexible airports and flexible days, for flyers who are not spending other peoples money, but are spending their own, and have to work hard at controlling costs.

I'm very appreciative of any help in identifying other websites and search tools to use to find all Delta flights.