FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Obese New Flyer With Questions
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2014, 5:55 pm
Ca77andra

Programs: AMEX DL
Somewhere I read about quicker screening and what not. Are you given that with first class? Or is that only if you buy the $85 thing and go through all those pre background checks months before flying? I forget exactly what it's called.
I recently applied for the Pre-check and had the number in less than 2 weeks. I was able to get an appointment at a facility close by within 2 days. It's also called a Known Traveler Number. Here is the website where you can find a facility close to you and set up the appointment online. It went very smoothly.....I was pleasantly surprised. The $85 is for 5 years.....well worth the money and I only fly 2-3 times/year.

https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/servicecode/11115V

I wish you well on your trip. I struggled with claustrophobia and know what it's like to consider not going home for Christmas. With the Lord's help I eventually overcame it.

And truly, as much as we complain about air travel it is the quickest way to get places......believe me I checked all the other ways too.......just not practical in the time allowed for a break from work.