FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm)
Old Nov 8, 2014, 8:08 am
nichelle

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by Csfing1
How was your MR and how did you like Changi (SIN) airport? Hope your trip went well, share your observations and comments with us.

Safe travels! Cheers!
I'm home! And I wish I'd done this run long before now.

My itinerary was:
SFO-MSP-JFK-NRT-SIN-NRT-JFK-SFO

I had to add a positioning flight to get to SFO.
Total miles traveled: 28,974

Upgrades cleared for the domestic legs (with the exception of the Transcon JFK-SFO of course - interesting flight). I selected bulkhead seats for the international portions and kept watching availability using the Delta app before and during the trip. I moved seats a couple of times to make sure the seat next to me was empty.

All flights were smooth and I think I've now watched every movie on Delta that I was interested in. Other than sleeping, that kept me occupied. Making my way through Changi was pretty easy. I stopped at a couple of the shops that were open and made some purchases for friends. I then checked into the hotel in Terminal 1. I'd reserved a single and the woman at the desk informed me that due to availability "We've upgraded you!" And when I walked into my upgraded room, instead of one single bed, there were three! Yippee! I could reenact 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears'.

Anyway, after I calmed down from the excitement of 3 separate beds, I just wanted to take a shower and freshen up. The next surprise was my room only had large bath towels. I called the desk and they informed me that the laundry would be ready "in the morning". Quite honestly, I wish I had skipped the hotel. The only thing I really wanted was a shower. Overall, the hotel set up is quite fine. And as long as they have towels, the shower is good.

I didn't make it to as many parts of the airport as I wanted. I wandered down to terminal 3 and picked up a wi-fi password and did some more shopping. When the ticket desk opened, I wanted to get my boarding passes ASAP. The attendant there was great and fun to talk to. Very pleasant with a great sense of humor! He asked if I was doing this for miles and what my 'level' would be. He also said that he sees many more 'runners' towards the end of the year and that I was the third one so far on the flight, Hmmm...

I shopped the gift stores in NRT each way and visited the skyclub. On the flight from NRT to JFK, a flight attendant welcomed me with "Welcome back!" Ha. And a very nice woman sat behind my bulkhead seat. From checking the seat map, it looked like she'd be the only one in the row so we started chatting about how lucky she was. She mentioned she was doing a mileage run and we both were so excited to meet someone doing a MR! We'd been on the same flight over but had no idea. She just started doing MR's and is doing THREE Singapore runs. She leaves on Sunday for the next one.

So, there was the second runner. That means there was at least one more on that flight. If you're lurking here, come on out!

All in all, it was a good experience. It was a lot of flying but I met some great people on the flights, slept well, watched too many movies and am now glad to be home.

Sorry for the long post!