FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Last minute vacation from NYC - where to go / where to book?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:33 pm
PHLisa

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by midnightinharlem
Hi all,

I am looking to book a very last minute vacation with a friend of mine - he will be leaving from LAX, I will be leaving from NYC. He'll probably buy revenue tickets, but I'd like to burn some miles that I have if possible. We're flexible on destination, but considering Southeast Asia (Singapore / Thailand / Cambodia / Vietnam), Hong Kong, or Central America. We plan to fly out separately Friday 12/5 or Saturday 12/6, and return to New York together Sunday 12/14.

Any suggestions on a destination as well as how to best use my miles? Ideally, we'd like to check out a few different cities / countries on our trip. Thanks in advance for your help.
You're only going to have a week, and if you fly to Asia you're going to lose 2 days in transit right off the bat. I think you should pick 1 spot and stick to it (1 city and surrounding country), or at most, 2 cities near each other like Ho Chi Minh & Phnom Penh, Singapore & Kuala Lumpur. Central America would leave you with more time at the destination.