FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:09 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by WHBM
If it's Air New England I'll have a stab at a Convair 580. They had a shared operation around this time with Aspen Airways, ANE used to use the Convairs in the Cape Cod summer season, then when ski-ing time came along the aircraft went back to Aspen. This carried on over several years around 1977-82.

I thought that question was about a STEAK dinner........

Very interesting information concerning the shared use of Convair 580 turboprops by Aspen and Air New England.....were these actually Aspen aircraft that were flown on a seasonal basis by ANE? If so, I'm inclined to think the Aspen livery would have remained unchanged while they were operated in the northeast U.S. (perhaps a name change only to "Air New England" on the fuselage?).....

Meantime, I am unsure whether Frontier operated the B727-100 or B727-200 on the aforementioned Petroleum Club Service between Dallas and Denver. If I remember correctly, I believe Frontier operated both the 727 and 72S into Love Field during the late 1960's. So perhaps both types were flown on this DAL-DEN service.

And if I had been presented with a chicken entree rather than a steak dinner on one of these FL operated flights, I would have promptly changed my return flight to Braniff International, complimentary Mateus not withstanding.....

Last edited by jlemon; Nov 6, 2014 at 10:15 am