FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:42 pm
ttlmmky

Originally Posted by ChurnChop
Apparently WF is not as stupid as AE who has finally started shutting people down who used the Old Blue Cash for $100,000/mo for years. I wouldn't be surprised if they are just watching you run around town and giggling about your next decline.

I got the card a week ago and nearly every transaction is another call to fraud. They have not made me go into a branch though thank god. They haven't yet asked what I'm buying but their desire to know is absolutely evident. I will say if you tell them it's for business purposes they may be able to shut you down right there. Not sure for this card but for many personal cards, it's in the terms, not for business use.

Good luck. I admire your perseverance. Keep it up until there is only one winner standing. Hopefully you.
Thanks for the kind words. I'll have to try large and infrequent transactions and have them on the line with me. I see most folks here reference the fraud #. Is the number on the back of the card useless for approving transactions?

And one more question - I read about 20 pages back and i see folks saying that for platinum cards, which most of you seem to have, if you pay it off with a non WF accout, it won't post for 14 days. I have a Visa Signature card - does that still apply?
Thanks!!