FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T5 security is a total disaster! [inc Fast Track issues]
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:34 am
MrSimonR

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B411 Safari/600.1.4)

No amount of glass, shiny steel and LCDs screens will disguise the emperor's clothes-fest that is T5.

The point above that T5 is worse than any other terminal is well made. There is something seriously funny going on with the security staff and the pace at which they work. It's regularly said that they look like they are on a go slow. Everything is done at a snails pace, with lots of needless pauses. I'd love to know what's going on, as it isn't the case at T1 (or indeed at nearly every other airport I've been through, some in countries where the stereotypes would have you believe the go-slow is endemic).
Having witnessed a 10 minute shift-change of the scanner person this morning, I have to conclude that is exactly what is going on.

Scanner man got up and disappeared. Trays already full on the conveyor, as they were going slowly into the scanner, as the exit conveyor was full of uncleared empty trays.

During that time, still no one shifted the empty trays. The rest of the team around the scanner stood around chatting.

Attempts to leave the queue were met with shouts of "You. Get back."