FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:53 am
geminidreams

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
OK so looking for FT input. I'm PLT and plan to burn some SNA's for a 3 night stay in BKK over new years with family. Will book 3 rooms and request SNA for 2 rooms.

Currently I have the following hotels booked on fully refundable rates.
Plaza Athenee- BRG rate at about $125 USD
W BKK- Gov rate of about $150 USD
Sheraton Grand- Gov rate of about $165 USD

So what I'm interested in is which will hotel has the best suite and benefits for PLT? Seems that PA and SGS have great benefits but have not heard from W. I will need two of the three rooms connecting to the SNA room due to three young kids staying.

THe X factor is New Years. Is there anything I should take into consideration when I finally select the hotel we plan to stay at?

I need to narrow it done to at least 2 hotels so I can submit the SNA's. IN the end which ever hotel approves the SNA's will decide which hotel we stay in. However, if in best case both hotels approve the SNA's or in worst case the SNA's are not approved by either hotel which hotel would be the best choice?
I don't think W is a good choice as its out of the way and no free drinks or snacks in evening.

PA has excellent club lounge. Ive never stayed at SGS as a plat but it looks after plats well from comments on here. I would say the pre- refurbished rooms are similar at both hotels but cant comment on the refurbished ones or how close your children will be located.

SGS is a little closer to BTS but not hugely advantageous.