FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please help me find LAX to Paris
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:36 pm
TravelForALiving

Well, I officially booked.
I found a great deal from SF (which is closer) to Sweden using Norwegian airlines and then from Sweden to France to begin our backpacking trip. At this point, we'd end our journey in August and travel really cheaply from Croatia to Denmark and from Denmark to Florida.
Total travel time to Paris: 14 hours after a 1 day layover in Sweden which is nice.
Total travel time from Croatia to Denmark is 2 hours and then we'd stay the night in Copenhagen and from there to Florida is a 10 hour flight. We'll stay 2 nights exploring Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and now I just have to find a flight from Fort. Lauderdale to Los Angeles but I think it's better to wait to book that flight.

So far, all in all, my total accumulates to $1,350 for flying to Europe and back.
We'll also be getting back $500 each from Barclay Elite Mastercard Arrival Plus edition for spending a certain amount of money on our travel. So, basically, we're looking at a fairly cheap flight
Technically I could purchase a flight right now from Florida to LAX for about $350 one way for two people. However, that seems a little unreasonable to me. Let me know if I am wrong though.

How do you guys recommend booking Florida to LAX. I plan on waiting to buy a domestic flight because they are generally cheapest 6-8 weeks before departure. So, when that time comes, how do you guys find such good domestic USA flights? I know a lot of you get certain airline points accumulated and basically splurge on a really expensive trip but this is our first trip so that's not really possible at the moment until we are seasoned travelers.

Thanks a lot guys. I definitely put in the extra work because you guys let me know that there's better deals out there