FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:34 pm
Susiew237

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
IC Fiji

Status
Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very happy, I love it here.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked club room and upgraded to club plunge pool room

How are the rooms?
Spacious. Big living area, although I don't particularly like the seating arrangement in there. Big day bed out on the patio and also a lovely bath out in the patio area that can be screened off with curtains. Bathroom with double sinks, nice big shower. Pure Fiji amenities and another range as well. Obviously came with a very nice plunge pool as well. And we had a peep of the ocean!

How is the exec. lounge?
Has such a beautiful outlook over the resort and out to the ocean. You can see some amazing sunsets from here although we didn't on this trip. The staff are very nice but can be a bit of a mixed bag. Generally very good though. Breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks and canapés (tasting plate with several items on it). Evening drinks there is a selection of cocktails you can choose from or wines/beers etc and they quite happily keep serving.

What was your welcome gift?
Personalised card, bottle of wine, small tub of Pure Fiji butter balm.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
yes, but we never eat it. I'd rather have chocolate

What was good and what was bad?
Good
It is just a nice place to stay. Some people complain about the club being too far away but that's one of the things I love most about it. It's not much of a walk down the hill to the main part of the resort and you can always get a buggy to take you or bring you back.
Could have had snacks from minibar apparently. Had a bar of chocolate and offered to pay for it but told all complimentary. Not a wonderful minibar though. Only had a beer, couple of soft drinks and a chocolate from it in the end.
Has a very nice, albeit expensive, spa.
Bad
The weather didn't want to play ball.
Food and booze costs an arm and a leg here. Having said that, dinner at Navo (their fine dining restaurant) was very good.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
They had a special deal on so it was $1000fjd for a club room so getting the plunge room made it good value as I think that is normally something ridiculous like 1800fjd. We've been twice now and I'm not sure if we would go again paying full price. Maybe a bogo??