FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:57 am
bchang2001

Programs: IHG Plat,*A Gold, US CP
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Here is my experience with this program:

1) I received offer (50K or 2 free nights)
2) I immediately registered (9/7/14)
3) I adjusted business travel accordingly (away from competing chain), and after a few weeks was 1 Saturday night away from completion. The tracker page was never correct (missing one stay and missing download of app and booking through app, which I completed)
4) I checked tracker page 2 days ago, and for some reason my qualifications were increased- I now needed another online booking through the app. But it was still 50K or 2 free nights. I called customer service to try to get the tracker corrected, and try to get my original offer back. She stated original offer was a mistake, and the new offer is the correct offer. She also insisted my enrollment date was 9/11/14, hence why my tracker was not showing some of my stays. I unfortunately did not have the dated registration confirmation email with me proving otherwise. After putting me on hold for awhile, she finally stated she fixed everything, would be keeping the NEW offer, and the tracker would be updated and reflected within 7-10 days.
5) I checked today, and for some reason my offer REQUIREMENTS are back to the original offer. But they lowered AWARD to 26,900 or 2 free nights! And the tracker is still not correct.

Summary: I have wasted enough time on this. I was one night away from meeting the requirements, and they lowered my award from 50,000 or 2 free nights to 26,900 or 2 free nights.

Perhaps this program is designed as a test of loyalty, not a reward for loyalty...
I believe you are interpreting the offers incorrectly.

here is mine.

Offer Points
Bonus Points
Total Points

you get points for completing each task. and once you complete the required amount of tasks you get the bonus points. So in total you will get the 50k. so actually the choice, in my example, is between 26,200 bonus points or 2 free nights when I complete the required tasks. Since I already completed 3/4 required tasks I have gotten those offer points (9200,2400,8000) already in my account.