FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating Queries: First
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:32 pm
jp-mco

Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
Welcome to FT. I would suggest you search for "Seating Queries: First BA" and the FT thread on this will be the top hit (sorry I don't know how to link on here).

I asked a similar question the other week as we have our first First next year also. I have plumped for 4E and F so that we can sit next to each other and enjoy the First experience. I didn't want to be shouting across the cain from 2A to 2k.
On the 777 my wife and I like 2E & 2F. We prefer it to over row 1 as it's further from the galley. On the 747 the best seats are probably 1A & 1K for a couple but these are reserved for BA Golds until T-72 so it may not be possible for you to get them (unless you are BA Gold). A reasonable alternative would be 2A & 2K where you're not too far apart but close enough to get the other's attention. Don't expect to be able to converse though. I really wouldn't recommend 3E & 3F on the 747 as they're completely open at the front and don't give you anywhere near as much privacy as the other seats. Hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your first First - for all the debate on here (some of which is founded I might add) it's still a great way to fly. By the way the buddy seats on the centre suites of the 777 are much, much larger than the outboard suites on the 747 which are too narrow to be used.