FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tips on how to convince a lounge dragon...
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:16 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble

Your complaint is a reasonable one imo and this thread better than those around on fora of people trying to abuse the guest facilities by posting requests for someone to take them into a lounge as a guest

The complaint - in itself - is reasonable.

I think what so many people here have found less reasonable is Ahmed's general attitude ("I demand a shower" ), along with his repeated refusal to accept EK's enforcement of access restrictions, due to policy as advised to him personally by lounge staff (and as stated on the official EK website)

As to your view that the thread is "better than those around on fora of people trying to abuse guest facilities ........ "
Hmm. Well at least we don't see Ahmed trying to do anything similarly inappropriate/undesirable, do we....?
Oh, hang on a minute ......apart maybe from :

- risking the jobs of EK personnel by means of hard cash ("it was a half-bribe, half-tip" Ahmed tells us flippantly)
- telling lies ("pretending that my parents were inside")
- looking for new ways to circumvent the rule ("maybe it would be a good idea to go down to the gate and find a random to take in")

ft101 - your post (6.25am) is very, very funny, and requires me to promptly revise my previous decision re Post-of-the-Thread Award .....!!
(I have a hunch, just a hunch, that even Ahmed himself will find some amusement in it .....)