FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blackout Date Problem? Agent made booking anyway.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:23 pm
PointWeasel

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
It's booked for Sep 1 through Sep 4. Booked the standard Fairmont Mountain/City View room with an upgrade into a Jr. Suite, which supposedly all have lake views.

What do you mean about a confirmation e-mail with the upgraded room? The e-mail just says "Fairmont Mountain Queen NS". None of my suite upgrades in the past couple of years (except for 1 that was cut as a special deal direct with the hotel to the gold floor) have actually shown the upgraded room.

I just called FPC and asked if they can send a confirmation showing the confirmed upgrade. They said their system can't do that, but he would have one manually prepared for me. Now I just have to wait and see what they provide.
Email confirmations will only show the booked room type and NOT the upgraded room type as others have said, unless you want to bother the property to send another one manually.

I agree, its annoying if you can't remember if you requested the days or weeks later, but that is just one of the Fairmont quirks.