FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Ticket or Award status: On Hold, On Request, Pending, Purchased and Ticketed
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:24 am
dtremit

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
ARCHIVE: Ticket or Award status: On Hold, On Request, Pending, Purchased and Ticketed

I'm running into a bit of an odd situation after redeeming miles for an upgrade, and I'm wondering how worried I should be.

Yesterday I booked two AA metal tickets for an upcoming vacation: a round trip BOS-LAX-DFW-BOS for myself, and a one-way LAX-DFW-SDF for a travel companion. They are (obviously) on separate PNRs; it may be notable that my ticket is associated with my US FFN. I waited until they both showed "ticketed" and displayed a ticket number, and then called to process the mileage upgrades (so a total of three one-way upgrades).

Right now, I am seeing the following:

1) The one-way itinerary shows seats in F and status "ticketed."
2) The round trip shows seats in F and status "ticket pending."
3) My credit card shows the upgrade charges for the one-way itinerary (listing the PNR), but none for the round trip.
4) My AA account has been debited twice for 15k miles (not three times).
5) I received an email from AA that looks like automated fraud prevention -- it lists the two 15k transactions, and says "If by any chance you did not authorize these miles to be deducted, please contact us so we can assist you."

None of these facts seem to line up. Two mileage deductions would suggest the round trip got upgraded, but the ticket and credit card charges clearly suggest it's the one-way that is fully processed.

I'm wondering how aggressively I should follow up on this -- it's only been about twelve hours, but the fact that the one-way trip processed so quickly makes me nervous that something is hung up on the round trip.

Is there any risk that I will lose my upgrades before this process resolves itself, or am I safe because the PNR shows a booking in A with seats confirmed?

Thanks for the advice; this is a very different process than I'm accustomed to.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 8, 2021 at 2:55 pm Reason: Add moderator note