FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:16 am
nongsom

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
I suggest Plaza Athenee or Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit for your purpose (part of a honeymoon trip). Request a newly renovated room instead of their suite. (however, if i were you, st. regis is my choice.)

Tell them this is your special occasion. I'm quite sure that they will treat you well even without any SPG status.
+1
Originally Posted by UASPG
When I made my suggestion, I was thinking "Honeymoon", but if you would like to use points, both the WBKK and the SGS are fine hotels although very different from each other. I guess that you would have to read a little bit about both and look at pictures, to see which one you prefer.
I would recommend the river for a honeymoon, but Starwood has only one, the ROSH, which is ok, but not at the level of the 2 hotels I suggested.
The PA would also be a nice choice and is next to the newest shopping mall in BKK, with a bunch of nice food outlets.
The LMBKK is sleek and more subtle than the WBKK, but the Patpong area might not be the best area for what you are looking for.

Good luck & enjoy your trip!
+1

Originally Posted by ajca
If on honeymoon and you wanted to stick with SPG, then I would recommend seeing if you can get the St Regis on points or points+cash.
i don't agree point with St.Regis BKK or C&P are not worth

Originally Posted by ajca
The biggest problem with the W is that the immediate area near the hotel is quite boring - it doesn't have that feeling of Bangkok crazy energy that makes the city so fun.

I also agree with the other commenters who suggested non-SPG options given it's only two nights and Bangkok has some exceptional hotels at very reasonable rates. Personally I would look at what deals you can get on the Four Seasons, Sofitel So or the Peninsula.
+1

Originally Posted by 2lovelife
With no status, I think you should book a suite at a Cat 3 hotel instead of a basic room at a Cat 4. IIRC it would cost 14,000 Starpoints per night at a Cat 3 property. Like other's above, the Plaza Athenee is a great choice. But, for if you're spending a lot of time in the room, both the Le Meridien and the Royal Orchid have great suites.
+1
Depend on your activity/plan at BKK inside hotel or outside ? how many hour to stay in hotel in 2 night at BKK ?