FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sweet spot for KIX-BKK?
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:45 pm
cascade

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Sweet spot for KIX-BKK?

Hello all,

Looking to go KIX-BKK two seats in Business Class, and am having trouble coming up with the best way to do it. Only two carriers seem to go there direct: JAL and Thai. Thai seems to not have any award availability for that route anytime during the window I'm trying to go, however JAL seems to have good availability. AA miles would seem like the easiest way to go, however I am short the required AA miles. US Air unfortunately doesn't do one-way awards, and I'm not sure when they will convert to AA miles. I looked into Amex MR transfer to BA, however the fuel surcharge is kinda steep. I'm hoping to find something for 30k points each or less with little to no fuel surcharges. I've seen Aeroplan due to considering Japan and Thailand as the same zone is only 15k points each way, however they have high surcharges on Thai and there's no J class availability anyways.

Here is what I am working with as far as points, any advice on what could transfer to accomplish this would be appreciated:

Amex MR: 103k in one account, 58k in another
Chase UR: 44k in one account
US Air: 66k in one account, 40k in another
AA: 44k in one account, 3k in another
SPG: 55k (last resort, would rather not turn these into AA miles, as they are more valuable used elsewhere. These also can only transfer to the AA account with 3k in it, not the one with 44k)

Last edited by cascade; Oct 21, 2014 at 2:07 pm