FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:11 pm
Lumpylump76

Originally Posted by cleanes
So I was just in the middle of helping my mother load her new Serve card online with and United Chase Card. Transaction was blocked by Chase. Had to call Chase to allow it through. Rep had me run it through again and it went through ok. However, sometime after that, he mentioned that it was blocked initially because this type of CC spend was outside her normal usage and it was a cash advance. I will wait and have my mom check how it posts officially, but did not sound promising. Anyone else with United Chase CC experience?

As a note before people get on me for it, I know that so far everyone's Chase cards (including my personal CSP) have officially posted as purchase, but I have not had a Chase rep tell me before that it was a cash advance.

Yes, $70 loaded in 2 separate transactions after October 15, no CA fees on statement.

There are no confirmed reports of Chase actually processing these as Cash advance, with Fees charged. There are plenty of reports that the Auth comes through as CA, and the CA limit takes a temporary hit.