FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:49 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by jlemon
15. (in late 1981) From Miami, two airlines operate DC-3 flights to two separate destinations within Florida. Identify the airlines and the respective routes flown

I think one of these air carriers was most likely Provincetown-Boston Airlines. PBA was known for "migrating" portions of their fleet from the northeastern U.S. to Florida during the winter months in order to provide increased seasonal service in the Sunshine State. Let's go with Miami-Naples as a PBA DC-3 route.

The other airline was a bit more obscure: Pro Air Services (not to be confused with new start up Pro Air which operated Boeing 737-400 service out of Detroit City Airport some years later). Route was probably Miami-Key West. Air Florida was operating Boeing 737-200 service Miami-Key West as well at this time. Back in the late 1980's, I flew into and out of EYW on board a Fokker F28 Fellowship twin jet operated by Piedmont.....

Were you perhaps involved in publishing these schedules, jlemon? Very Good! You are correct on both counts.

My first DC-3 flight came in 1986 aboard PBA between Naples and Miami, after having flown into Naples from Miami aboard a Piedmont F28