FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - South Pacific, Israel, Lebanon - 6 Weeks - 71,500 miles - 24 countries
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:43 am
ironmanjt

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by avneeshj
BTW I have always wondered that how do you cope up with jetlag in all of these trips of yours? Are all those venti iced coffees enough to keep you going?
Yup caffeine for the win! ...and I have the good fortune to be able to sleep anywhere, anytime, as long as I'm tired.

Originally Posted by durberville
Sounds amazing. I'm doing TBU in May, but island hopping is prohibitively expensive in the Pacific. NZ barely releases award space, and you can't really use AS on FJ to go island hopping, just for NAN.
Correct. The only award ticket I used is using QF miles to get from DRW to POM to MEL back to BNE. I just accepted this was gonna be a giant cash suck. Actually, I used AS miles too for a FJ ticket from TRW-NAN.

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
It's off the radar for most with reward points and miles simply because of limited capacity - and I'm not talking about the majors like Nadi, Rarotonga or Papeete. ^
I really hoped to find SUV-FUN space with AS miles, but no dice on any day. That ticket alone almost killed me.

Originally Posted by hauteboy
Crazy! Wish I could join you in Nauru... what days will you be there?
Nov 1 BNE-INU and Nov 2 INU-TRW