FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:18 am
MisterEdF

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
IME it will work IF the previous user closes their ISIS/Softcard account. I had to have my Softcard account closed and reopened, and within seconds of them closing it, it flashed up an iOS notification to setup a new Softcard account.
That is probably because YOUR old ISIS account is still tied to the same "special" ISIS SIM card in your phone and the same cashwrap case secure MicroSD ID.

Not 100% sure if a "stranger" closes their ISIS account you can use THEIR FORMER cashwrap case but in my 2 "used cases" off ebay they were useless and (IMO) I doubt it.

I do doubt that because the MicroSD card in the cashwrap is still "burned" with their info. Cashwrap relies on THREE verifcations. #1) You cell account is provisioned for it, #2) Special SIM card from your mobile provider & #3) the info burned to the encrypted MicroSD card inside the cashwrap case.

You might be correct on the "if the seller closes their account the case can be reused" but I (without any evidence) doubt it. I wouldn't want to spend money on a used case and take that chance. Opening and changing YOUR OWN ACCOUNT will work as I have done that myself since they are all tied to the same phone device IMEI & phone number which is tied to the cashwrap's encrypted MicroSD card.

I have tried switching my iPhone SIM provisioned and used with a cashwrap case into an Android device where it did work with NFC then back to the cashwrap cased iPhone and it took about 2 hours of phone calls with ISIS advanced level support (actually here in the US!) to get it working again. The frontline ISIS support people are morons who simply read from a script that says either: Get a new case, Get a new sim, turn off WIFI or reboot your phone . That is their only answer to any problem. I got through to "real technical support" by posting a nasty Twitter message which is all I use Twitter for these days as it seems to be the only way to get any problem resolved with any company.

One of the "real" support people told me that if I give them the number off the encrypted MicroSD card in the case they MIGHT be able "clean it" so it can be reused but I found it impossible to read the number so we never went there and she said it might not work.

Bottom line, DON'T buy a used cashwrap case even if the seller says it was "never used" unless you can get a refund and don't buy one "on sale" from a cell provider if the box was opened (I did that too and it wouldn't work) because it probably was a return that was "tried out" by the person who returned it. The ONLY 2 I got to work were brand new ones that were never opened.

Last edited by MisterEdF; Oct 17, 2014 at 5:23 am Reason: TYPOS