FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MS Through Bitcoin Mining
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:26 am
aegistar

There are a few nuances. ZenHashlets mine their own pool that has seen constantly larger payouts than you can get anywhere else.

The other key for MS is to not keep the miner until it ROIs. For MS, you want as quick a turnaround as possible. Therefore the goal is to mine until you mine all the fees you expect to be charged and to a point where you can reliably list on the market and someone will buy it. My target has been $18. So difference between $21 and $18, you need to mine about $3 worth to cover. Then you sell it and convert the BTC you get from selling into fiat.

Just for comparison, the payout per MH on the zenpool is 0.00057012 BTC. Take that multiply it by your USD rate of 390 is ~0.22. Subtract the maint. fee of 0.08 you get $0.14. Then take that and divide $3 by 0.14 and you get about 22 days to mine $3. Expand that to 30 days in case of rate fluctuations and whatnot. That's a lot more than the calculator prediction. Not to mention zenpool is currently low and everyone expects it to go back up to 0.0006.

If you are considering this. Start slow. Get just 1MH. See how the system works and see if you like it.

Last edited by aegistar; Oct 16, 2014 at 9:37 am