FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:10 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
10. (In 1981) This airline offered the only nonstop turboprop flights between New York’s JFK and Boston. Identify both the airline and the aircraft flown.

I'm leaning toward Command Airways with a Shorts 360 ... but if that doesn't pan out, I have a couple other possibilities.

I look forward to seeing those other possibilities!

14. Aside from Reeve Aleutian’s Electra operations, this was the longest propeller operated flight in the U.S. Identify the route, the airline and the aircraft type.

It isn't clear to me whether "longest" means a single segment or "origin - all stops - destination" in its entirety, but in either case I suspect the winner is a Frontier CV-580

"Longest" as it's used in this question refers to a single NONSTOP flight.

I'd guess the long segment was Billings to Salt Lake City, which is about 400 miles; the flight itself probably came across North Dakota and Montana ... perhaps something like Grand Forks - Bismarck - Williston - Sidney - Glasgow - Miles City - BIL - SLC which totals around 1150 miles

Not a bad guess, J, but alas, we're looking for a nonstop flight that was quite a bit longer than 400 miles and the airline involved was not Frontier.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Oct 16, 2014 at 7:39 am