FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:32 pm
Mamibear

Originally Posted by Mirnada
Sorry to disagree, but... I disagree. I found VR in the wiki (Vanilla Reload, BostonFlyer1624), but MP is just called out as "Mileage Plus - United's name for their frequent flyer program", which makes no sense in this context. Through guesswork I suspect it means MoneyPak.

WM/FD aren't in there at all, but I think they refer to WallMart / Family Dollar, places where you can (or could?) buy loadable cards.

It grinds my gears when people just say "check the wiki, dummy!" but the wiki doesn't have most of these acronyms people toss around. I'd update it, but I'm new here, so what do I know.

Can't speak to the last part about Chase, but yes, the other aspects you've called out as "the trend" seem to hold.
congrats! seems like you got the answers. it wasn't that hard, right? if one keeps reading, most of the acronyms will make sense to them sooner or later. For those who are as determined as you to learn and find out, it won't be difficult. Keep it up.

most of what's written in the wiki answers most people's questions. other questions are answered by further reading wikis in other threads. this is based on my experience that I can share and I know patience and persistence helps a lot.