FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:42 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
+1 for Barclays USAirways Mastercard (10/6, then 10/10) ... it does seem to still be a purchase. On the other hand, the change seems a bit ominous, and I have no idea how (or when) Barclays indicates CA on the account website.
Barclays does not show a cash advance limit on its website so it is a bit of legwork to guess it by using the Available Credit Limit and the Credit Line, and see the difference matches up with all your billed and pending items. If not, then figure out where the discrepancies might come (an item pending but never billed, such as hotel authorization, could fall off from the pending online but still in Barclays system that is what I have found out yesterday when doing this exercise.)

Alternatively you can use the phone system which would tell you your Cash Advance Limit is. Any reduction of it should be obvious to you.

Originally Posted by bigugly
I think the only way to tell with them is when the fee posts in your recent transactions (and your serve transaction would not have any indication of earned points).
This is also another way to tell but it has a minimum 2 days lag because pending would not show pts earned.

Phone system probably is the fastest and easiest.