FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point runs | 2014 master thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:24 pm
chris1979

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by manymanymiles
I am travelling from southern California to the UK in December and am looking for some suggestions for my first mileage run.

Depart CA 30th Nov 1st Dec and return 13th or 14th Dec.

Thanks
as others have said, TP runs in the are much better value. ex LAX you can easily (ish) get sub £1 per TP runs to the likes of SAP, SAL, SJU, CUN etc.

If what you are saying is that you need to travel anyway and would like to maximise TPs along the way, have a play on matrix with some of the routes in the wiki. I think generally, flights with BA / OW will be cheaper if you go for AMS, DUB, BRU, LUX, CPH, OSL, MXP etc as destination and then position back to London (you are likely to be connecting through London (certainly with BA)) than flying to London (especially if you throw in PHX or MIA and the babybus to maximise TPs)).

Originally Posted by Calchas
OSL-LHR-SIN-SYD-PER return for about £2500 each in J and 960 TP.

You may take up to two stopovers for free in each direction (perhaps at SIN and SYD). Unlimited further stopovoers permitted at 200 EUR each. Maximum of five transfers permitted in each direction. A stopover in LON would obviously incur the joy of air passenger duty.

Alternative routings include via HKG (loses 20 TP), and KUL. You could also go to other places in Australia; open jaws, end-on-end and circle combinations are all permitted.
which I'd known this when I booked OSL SYD ages ago. oh well, still got a very good deal and GUF-ed.