FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have success booking award flight through KE website recently?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:27 pm
the1guy

Anyone have success booking award flight through KE website recently?

I'm trying to book a flight for my mom using my and her miles. I've already registered as family members and miles pooling, etc. But when I actually try to book the flight, after 4th step, it just sits there. I see on my credit card account online the pre-authorization for the correct amount but the payment never actually goes through and the website sits there with the moving arrow animation forever (I actually let it sit there for like 3 hrs).

I suspect this has something to do with the recent website lift. I called their LA office, after waiting 20 mins then talking to them for another 30, I found out that all I they could do for me was to create a reservation for an award flight but not actually book it. I'd already done this using their website, just can't purchase They gave me a ridiculous PDF form to fill out and scan it and send it along with my mom's passport scan. Then someone would call me within a day to actually book the flight. This is ludicrous.

So can you tell me how you've booked an award flight recently? Thanks!