FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta deems NRT-BKK passengers unimportant
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:00 pm
nichojo

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by Powers106
Our flight 2014-10-07 from PDX (Portland) to Tokyo NRT was delayed by 2.5 hours by a mysterious mechanical issue (after the fact described as a fuel line issue when on the plane) with no announcements as to why.

So we fly out 2.5 hours late from Portland to Narita and somehow manage to arrive at 18:17 for an 18:45 connection to Bangkok but there is zero effort (and I do mean no effort whatsoever) to get the 12 passengers who were connecting onto that flight. All the boarding passes printed to go to ANA flight (including customs, a 1h15 bus ride, and 5 hour wait to take the flight) and absolutely ZERO effort to get us on a flight that could have been delayed by only 10 minutes and everybody would have made it. How do I know? I was rushed through Japanese customs onto a bus to Haneda and was with bags waiting for the bus by 19:02.

Delta Japan made the call that we could not make the flight and made zero effort to help us connect (oh they had already printed ANA boarding passes and lied to us that the plane had already left - unfortunately visible through the windows that it was still there) YET the other connecting flights all made it - they held the planes for Taipei as I understand there were about 40 people connecting to that flight.

The pilots passed by and said "have a good flight" and when I said "your 2 and a half hour delay cost us a 6 hour flight delay, they yelled back "it wasn't us" and LAUGHED as they went up the escalator!

I complained a lot but to no avail, but from being Delta Diamond with about 200k mqm this year it seemed nobody else dared speak up.

Even the Japanese manager (red coat) finally agreed they made a mistake by the time I was put on the bus at 19h10.

Delta doesn't care about passengers connecting, well, at least if you are less than 40.

So other than moving all my flights back to United/Thai/ANA what can I ask for compensation to stay on with Delta beyond burning my 900k miles banked and 30 year loyalty? I mean this seems to me a 75k, 100k mile compensation as they really misfired.

That stinks. And way to be a jerk to the pilots who I'm sure delayed the flight themselves.