FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz NeverLost Spycam
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:31 pm
logicuser

Hertz NeverLost Spycam

I am a regular renter from Hertz (President's Circle). This week after the usual excessive wait for the Hertz airport shuttle, I got into a rental car at O'Hare airport. I immediately noticed the new NeverLost and I was completely shocked to see a camera built into the device looking at me. The system can't be turned off from what could tell. Further investigation revealed that the camera can see the entire inside of the car. I know rental car companies have been tracking the speed and movements of their vehicles for years but putting a camera inside the cabin of the vehicle is taking their need for information a little TOO FAR. I find this to be completely UNACCEPTABLE. In fact, if I get another car from Hertz with a camera in it, I will move our business from Hertz completely. I influence car rentals of many others and I don't think anyone would want to be on camera while they are driving around or sitting at a red light. Given what Hertz has invested in this system, I wonder how much consumer pressure will make them to pull the plug on this. Business is built one customer at a time and they will no longer have me as a customer. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Rut Dog; Oct 8, 2014 at 11:57 pm