FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Hotel chain embraces prostitution...
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:12 am
bigbuy

Originally Posted by X-ON
A similar thing happen tome in DXB, I lived out of a *wood hotel for over 2 Years and my wife was there to visit me registered to my suite as a guest. One night after leaving the car to the valet she followed me to the elevator when she was stopped by a very recently employed over eagerly security guard being quite rudely questioned. First I became furious but after I could see that the security guard was seriously sorry so I settled down
However the thing is that I am a white boy and my wife is of Arabic decent so we both felt the we been ethnically profiled...

At the end (the day after) the GM personally came to my suite and apologized and gave flowers and champagne to my wife after this incident

The moral of the story: trying to dress code/ethnically profiling ladies as prostitutes or couples as prostitutes/Johns is associated with the blow back that you end up insulting your paying guests...this type of policing is best left to whatever (no pun intended) authorities in charge of such policing instead of inexperienced hotel employees...
My sister and I were in NYC back in the late 1980's. When we walked back into the hotel after seeing a play, I got on the elevator and the door closed but she did not enter. I decided to go back down to the lobby and danged if security hadn't stopped her thinking she was a prostitute following her client back to the room. It did not help that she had on a red dress, so I guess they also profile dress color too.