FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Hotel chain embraces prostitution...
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:11 am
El Puerco Volante

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by kamel123
I find some of the comments here incredibly off base, I have to say. If only half of the story is true (the woman was physically assaulted in the lobby) - which of course we cannot know - she has every right to go to court, and the hotel's behavior is unacceptable. And this comment on what she was wearing - incredibly funny! So any woman in a short skirt is a prostitute? This attitude is plain disgusting. How would you feel if this happened to your wife?

If hotels wanted to, they could put an end to prostitution on their premises. The reason they don't do this is that it's a service that is demanded by some guests, and it's a source of revenue for concierges etc. I don't want to turn this into a general debate on prostitution. But I think the minimum everyone can agree to is if hotels condone prostitution, then they should do in a discreet way, ensuring the safety of their female guests at all times.

With regards to W as a brand, I have stopped staying there some time ago. There were many reasons, including mostly incompetent staff (but with an attitude) and failed interior design. But one reason was the overtly sexual vibe: Dark corridors and elevators with red lights and velvet (W Paris). Different types of condoms for sale prominently on display on top of the minibar. A bottle of wodka and an ice bucket waiting on the coffee table. Couches in the room that you cannot sit on because they are so deep but only lie on. Come on, are we in a brothel or what?
Hey, you made me want to pay a visit to W Paris !

Regards,

El Puerco Volante