FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF proudly serving INSTANT COFFEE in Biz (Affaires)
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:33 am
Xandrios
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Within Europe I never drink coffee on board any more. I much more prefer to indulge at the lounge. Better coffee and including proper milk.

By the way if you like fresh milk with your coffee: KLM actually does serve their coffee with fresh milk when asked (even in economy). By default you'll get the powered c̶r̶a̶p̶ stuff, which tastes plain horrible.

Originally Posted by orbitmic
And indeed A3 serves espresso in European C (which is only one of the many good things I have to say about A3 C - much better than AF, BA et al if you ask me!). I think TK does too but to be honest when I fly with them I enjoy Turkish coffee instead, which whilst an almost entirely different drink one could argue, is quite a pleasurable one too, especially with a lukum or two
With that logic you could also opt for Greek coffee on A3, which is very similar to Turkish coffee. Though I personally prefer a good espresso any day

Slightly off-topic: since A3 will now offer free upgrade certificates to their elites, more and more people will sample their C product. Which means more free advertising, like (for example) your post. I'd guess that giving free upgrades to elites may actually eventually boost their Business class sales. Smart move