FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:43 pm
sokolov

NYC->Germany->Canada on *A around $600

NYC->Germany->Canada on *A around $600

This is not mileage run material, but very nicely priced:

LGA-YUL-FRA; HAJ-ZRH-YUL for USD 591 (7.35 cents/mile)
LGA-IAD-FRA; HAM-EWR-YHZ for USD 632 (long layover in EWR; you may want to keep your luggage for a while)
LGA-YUL-FRA, HAJ-BRU-YUL-YHZ for USD 635

Sample dates: November 10~13 to go, around December 5 to come back. LH faies that book into K and L. Prices include YQ of USD 290.

For the first part, transfer points I've seen are YUL, YYZ and IAD. YYZ is at least $4 above the cheapest price.

For the return part, transfer points I've seen are FRA, MUC, BRU, ZRH, EWR or a combination thereof. Various German airports can be your departure point, but not all. HAJ is a boring place to visit, HAM is better. And your trip can end at other Canadian airports for similar prices or a little extra.

I believe there are other dates available for similar prices.

Carriers are a combination of AC, ACe, LH, SN (incl. Cimber), UA, LX and/or SAS, with various code shares on each other's metal involved.

Hint: If you manage to book the transatlantic leg to Germany on LH ticket stock (!) and LH-code, you can call LH and buy a Rail&Fly ticket for Euro 29. This allows you to travel from FRA to any (!) German railway (DB) station on almost any DB train on the day of arrival and on the next day (note that railway stations in Salzburg in Austria and Basel in Switzerland are included as well). The mirror offer is available for departure - from any DB station to any German airport on the day before and depature and the day of departure for Euro 29. Rail&Fly is not available at travel agents outside Germany.