FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Federal Gov Rate being enforced more strongly now (Starting Oct 2014)?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:40 pm
plagwate

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by dayone
Loyalty requires that each party abides by the terms of the other. Also, there is a difference between a government employee and a contractor.

I have no problem with Marriott specifying and enforcing tight restrictions on its government rates. It has no duty or responsibility to offer them to contractors.

Lamenting that a government rate is not offered at a desired property or a preferred chain is a bit rich.
Selectively pulling text from my post does not make your argument any stronger. It merely takes my statement out of context. I never claimed that a government contractor is the same as a government employee. The point is, the payment for the room is coming from the same taxpayer coffers.

It's Marriott's choice whether they want to be flexible on this or not. I realize that. But frankly, I don't see why they should risk the loss of business when contractors' hands are tied on the room rates they can book.