FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:58 am
bobert24

Originally Posted by Joe Schoomer
I do not do any MS so I open cards only if I have big spending coming up. Thus, I have never had any business cards that typically require a higher spending threshold. My interest is piqued by this Ink Plus offer but I obviously do not have $5000 spending that can be categorized as business spending. I have a couple of non-business expenses coming up that would help me achieve the $5000 spend... ...a new wooden door, a home gym and some medical bills. My business that does not generate any money yet is related to blogging.

Does Chase keep track of the type of spending on a business card? Have they shut down accounts because of personal expenses on a business card? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JS
I think I've heard one or two reports of this kind of thing, but they were generally combined with Chase already looking for reasons to shut down abusive account holders. Most of us put personal expenses on our Inks regularly. No problem at all. For one thing, there's really no way for Chase to know whether that door, gym, etc. is a personal or business expense. As far as they know, you need a new door for your fitness center at your office.

But they also expect, and seem to be ok with, personal expenses on these cards. When I called to ask a question about the travel insurance on them, they asked if it was business or personal travel. Turns out the terms are slightly different for the two. But the mere fact that they have separate terms means that they do indeed expect some personal expenses on these things.