FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combining RA and non-RA reservations
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:18 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dgwright99
My wife has a bunch of IHG points, which we rarely get chance to use, because we mostly stay in ICs, and of course we want the RA bennies from booking using my account.

However, it occurred to me to wonder about booking (say) a BOGO weekend on my account followed by a few days on points using her points (or free night), and asking the hotel to combine the reservations, either ahead of time or at checkin. I've done that many times using MY points, but I wondered if anybody has tried combining stays booked by an RA with one from a non-RA ?

If so, were you able to get full RA bennies for the whole stay ?
Well apart from the IHG t+c's saying award nights don't qualify for RA bennies...................
the hotel should treat your second adjoining booking to include your RA status. Put your name on second bookings using Additional Guest field and include your IHG number and that you are RA and first bookings ref number.

All hotels scan ahead 3-7days of for split bookings and usually merge them , but as reserved under different IHG account numbers it is worth stating in the booking additional info field and it won't do any harm to email the hotel reservations too.

I have had others (lend) a points awards booking to me where I am just the named additional guest, and on checkin been given my Elite RA bennies that that IC gives on awards nights (different from on paid night bennies though) and hotel also transferred booking into my IHG number so showed up in my stayed award nights count.

Last edited by scubaccr; Sep 27, 2014 at 1:24 pm