FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest Automatically Matching A+ Elite
Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:40 pm
saneman

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
As I mentioned, my current expiration is OCt 26, a week shy of the date WN wants to status match for.
So it looks like I will be able to have enough flights by OCt 22, 4 days shy of my expiration to qualify for elite next year. So I called AirTran if that will change my A+ Elite expiration to Oct 26 2015 (not that it means much for AirTran as it ends this year) once I take that qualifying flight on Oct 22. The rep said that WN has taken away a lot of resources and that he cannot tell me for sure if the AirTran system will change my expiration date when that happens. He said I would have to call WN customer service directly for that. He thinks that if the system doesn't update my date, then maybe WN will take that into consideration. But with the way WN has downsized AirTran's customer service, he can't tell me for sure.

Great job WN. At this point, I wonder if I should even care if I get the A List Match or not for next year. I really hate giving my international travel business to Delta, but it is looking like I might have to do that so I can avoid WN and get some status on Delta.