FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Roadtrip between CA and Oregon? [moved from California forum]
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:21 am
OliverB

Originally Posted by rwoman
We have lots of " Shastas" in NorCal (don't be decieved by my LHR location as I'm from Redding). Are you referring to Old Shasta, Shasta Lake, Mt. Shasta, etc.? Mt. Shasta is (roughly) an hour north of Redding while Lassen is 75-90 minutes east.

From Mt. Shasta to the Oregon Caves, parts of I-5 are scenic while others are less so. I think the drive between Weed and Yreka is quite boring. But I grew up driving it.

Absolutely recommend Crater Lake!

Another very pretty drive is 199 over to Crescent City and along the NorCal/Oregon coastline.

You may also take interest in Shasta Caverns (just off I-5 north of Shasta Lake)
Indeed, Mt Shasta - near Dunsmuir! I've seen photos from a friend's roadtrip years back and it looks beautiful. I've never been up there and it's been high on my list of Northern California weekend roadtrips for a long while.

I have done the 101 Redwood Hwy through Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park and on to Crescent City and Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park before. It's indeed spectacular!