FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BAcon 2014 [split off from 'BA Bloggers Starting to Run Out of Content' thread]
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:09 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by farbster
Seth,

What did you learn there? I am totally unaware of what the presentations were...
The agenda is actually online for the world to see. It is not a secret.

The obsession with CCs is only on the part of George. That session was one of the eighteen hours of programming. And the one thing which was repeated over and over again is that until you sign up and have a private conversation with them about what the expectations are you won't know what the expectations are. It was quite clear (at least to me) that there are rules about what can be posted and how certain things can be phrased. That's why I don't do it. I won't let advertisers dictate rules about my content. Others clearly feel differently on that and it is OK that they do so, at least to me. Most of them even admit that those rules exist.

The session where VFTW, OMAAT and MMS spoke about their approach to putting their blogs together; that was another hour of the 18-20 (a couple days ran quite long). So we're talking maybe 10% of the total time in official sessions are the things fixated on by someone who wasn't there and has no idea what actually happened or what was said in the room.

For me the most educational session was the one on Google Analytics. I learned a lot there. Many others enjoyed the Saturday afternoon session about writing style and finding your voice. That one didn't to a ton for me.

Originally Posted by kokonutz
TBB is freaking hilarious.
Clearly we have different views of what is funny. I generally find someone making crap up about others in an effort to discredit them to be quite the opposite of funny.

Last edited by sbm12; Sep 22, 2014 at 11:14 pm