FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 77W, 772 & CIP 763 to NGBC changes, no F / no flat bed J - what to do? (consolidated)
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:01 pm
brc757rr

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
This seems odd, as the DFW flights have been some of the hardest ones to score F on for the 77W (LAX is hardest from what I can see) and the ones which seem to pack the J cabin the most even with 52 seats. Even if most everyone on DFW TATL F is using SWUs, that's still 60 biz seats which are mostly being sold at peak times. Going to the 772s would seem to represent a dramatic reduction in capacity for premium cabins.

I would frankly be stunned to see ORD switch to 77Ws over DFW. I'm not sure ORD would actually sell any more F seats on these planes than Dallas does. I could see MIA-LHR going to two 77Ws before those planes show up in ORD.
You would be surprised. I fly the ORD - LHR quite frequently and there is always quite bit of paid first and business class. I know the seat map isn't the best gauge of load factors, but when booking far out there is always a chunk of both cabins taken. When I check expert flyer closer to my flight the MIA-LHR is usually always C7 and the ORD - LHR routes C0.